Tuesday, October 26, 2010

New PRs and just getting after it

I've found that my Biggest personal weakness is giving up on myself with negative self talk during the particularly grueling wods. For some reason I tend to let off the gas when I get to a certain level of fatigue or shortness of breath. Last night was my most recent attempt at FRAN and I didn't feel particularly hyped up. I didn't have the nerves that I usually do beforehand either. I was just sort of indifferent with a loose goal of getting under 6:00 which would have been a full minute better than my previous Fran PR. With that in mind, 3,2,1 go, I just hit the gas and never let up. First set of 21's were both unbroken. Set of 15 was broken up 3 times in the thrusters but only once on pullups. Last sets of 9 I knew I was flying and I just couldn't let myself down this time by taking unneeded rests. After that last unbroken set of pullups I yelled time, fell off the bar and hit the floor. When I heard my time was 4:27, I was almost in disbelief. Over 2 1/2 minutes under my old PR. Long story short, I felt terrible and greatly accomplished all at the same time... But mostly just terrible for the first 5-10 minutes post wod.

Enough about me though. I also want to give props to my homies Scrappy and Ohio. Scrappy PR'd at 8:01, a full 7+ minutes faster than the first time he did Fran. Killin it son. And Ohio, I could see the pain in your face with your virgin battle against the bitch we dubbed Fran. You did well my friend. I have some stuff planned to get that form tuned in a bit more for you. But nonetheless, you did great. I'm proud of both of you. We'll meet her again in a month or so... ;)

2 comments:

  1. I was incredibly impressed with your performance on that bitch FRAN last night Gabe you gave it your all and thats all that you can ask for! Mad props homes ... i think we need more audience participation on the blog Gabe how should we compell the followers to chime in??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bro. I did my very best. As for participation, you are welcome to write your own posts for people to comment on. I just think it'll take time for this thing to catch on. Most people probably haven't looked at it much but I'm sure it'll catch on. I'm gunna try to get my homie Dustin to talk about what he's been up to down at Carson Valley CrossFit. It'll grow, I'm not worried

    ReplyDelete