Tuesday, October 19, 2010

tired...

after three days of hiking my ass off in the Ruby Mountains, I'm exhausted. I feel like my crossfit training really helped prepare me for the thousands of vertical feet Derek and I climbed, even though it was a much different stimulus going slow and steady. There was very little oxygen at 11,000 ft and climbing near vertical mountainside with backpack, rifle, shotgun and optics was not a task for the weak. alas there was no deer for me come the end of the hunt but I had a great time and a great hike!

2 comments:

  1. Thats a bummer about the hunt buddy at least ya had a good time! Now quit slackin and get your ass back to school! And not to mention crossfittin', Ohio and I had one hell of a WOD yesterday! Missed ya tho...its just not the same without the whole crew there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I will. I was at school today. I hope I can work out tonight. I might be getting food poisoning. I ate some raw chicken on accident... fuck I know right?!

    ReplyDelete